Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Google Blogger on Android

In trying to make some minor adjustments to this blog I was disappointed to find out that trying to edit anything in the layout didn't work using the tablet. I could not select anything. I tried to edit one of the sidebar gadgets and ended up with this using Firefox.

 

The stock Android browser didn't give me the above garble.

I had to upload this screenshot using file manager by the way. Trying to upload from Gallery doesn't work.

I tried editing Blogger with Firefox Beta, Opera, Chrome Beta, Dolphin and stock browser and none of them wouldn't let me edit the layout.

As much as I didn't want to do this, I'm finishing this post on my PC. After  saving the post and going to a different browser to continue, it is next to impossible to re-enter into the post to add more content. The cursor doesn't go where you want it to go. I also couldn't upload and add this next screenshot. It shows a blue rectangle around a portion of the text/post.


This blue rectangle really messes with you and it appeared in all browsers when re-editing the post after an initial save. You cannot place the cursor where you want it to go. I could not even upload this screenshot anywhere within the post including a random spot in the text where the cursor might have been. The dialog box that opens after clicking/pressing the image icon was unusable. Nothing except the cancel button would work.

What does this all mean?

It should be expected that if there is going to be 1:1 Android tablet programs in education, students should be able to create and work on something as simple as Blogger, start to finish using the tablet. Yet this task was extremely frustrating for me. I'm hoping to do as much work as I can with this blog and companion website using Andriod devices as possible.

Questions and Solutions:

What successes have you had with creating, designing, managing, posting and editing posts using Android? I know it is simple enough to send a text post to your blog. I think we will be wanting students to do more than just this.

Please share.
__________________________________

Part 1: Asus Transformer Prime  Part 2: Lenovo AIO/ Mint 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be positive and give constructive criticism & critique here. "My ... is better than your ..." and "[insert name of tool] sucks" posts will be deleted.